COVID-19’s Impact on Your Long-Term Career Goals

The COVID-19 pandemic has changed what many of us once took for granted. Some people were (or still are) struggling to find a job amidst furloughs and layoffs. Others who were lucky enough to keep their jobs had to adjust to a remote work environment while juggling family responsibilities. On top of all of this hardship remains the underlying uncertainty regarding the health and well-being of one’s self, family and loved ones.

Read More

[Infographic] How to Create the Perfect Resume

It’s no secret that your resume is critical to advancing your career. Employers look at hundreds (if not thousands!) of resumes when filling a position, and many use screener software to help them more quickly sift through them all. 

So how do you make yours stand out amidst the crowd? These tips will help you craft the perfect resume so you can get interviews with organizations that you want.

Read More

How to Write a Cover Letter That Gets Noticed

A cover letter is your chance to inject a bit of personality into the job application process, highlight additional information that’s not on your resume, and connect with your interviewer. But according to Alison Greene of Ask a Manager, many cover letters fall flat, relying on ineffective gimmicks and wasting a great opportunity. Here’s how to write a good cover letter. 

Read More

Why a Recession Is a Perfect Time to Restart Your Career

A little over a decade ago, the Great Recession left the economy in ruins and destroyed many financial futures. And although that recession passed, the shock waves it initiated continue to reverberate in individual lives. One in three Americans still have not recovered from the recession. The hardest hit Americans continue to be those with the least education. 

Read More

[Infographic] How to Ask Your Boss for a Raise

Over a lifetime, steady pay increases can earn you a million dollars or more. But asking your employer for a raise is easier said than done, and the pressure alone can be enough to turn many off to the idea. The good news, though, is that if you come prepared and equipped with research, the conversation will be easier than you think and potentially lead to life-altering benefits 

Read More

7 Tips for Setting Realistic Long-Term Career Goals

Setting goals may be the secret ingredient in the recipe for long-term success. In fact, one Harvard Business study found that the 3 percent of MBA graduates who wrote down their goals ended up earning ten times as much as the other 97 percent combined, ten years after graduation. 

Read More

Stuck in a Career Rut? Here’s How Going Back to School Can Help

Do you feel unmotivated at work? Do you struggle with your identity as a worker or worry that you can’t advance any further in your career? If you’ve already tried everything you can think of to breathe life into your job, you might be burned out or stuck in a career rut. If so, you’re not alone. Many workers report feeling bored and uninspired at work. 

Read More

Subscribe to the SNU blog for inspirational articles and tips to support you on your journey as an adult student.

Request More Information

Have questions about SNU or need help determining which program is the right fit? Fill out the form and an enrollment counselor will follow-up to answer your questions!

Text With an Enrollment Counselor

Have questions, but want a faster response?  Fill out the form and one of our enrollment counselors will follow-up via text shortly!